The Minneapolis office of Stoel Rives LLP, a full service business law firm, is seeking an Associate with 1-3 years of experience for its nationally-recognized Energy Development practice. The Associate will have the opportunity to work on sophisticated legal matters, focusing on energy regulatory and transactional matters. Our Associates gain exceptional first-hand experience through their work with senior lawyers and clients in a variety of complex and cutting-edge issues, all of which is performed in a collegial, team-oriented environment. Examples of specific regulatory-related work include various contested case proceedings involving utility rate setting, integrated resource planning, and site permit and certificate of need applications. Examples of specific transactional-related work include energy project contracts, due diligence, and project finance.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
· JD from an accredited university with excellent academic credentials
· 1-3 years of regulatory or transactional experience in a law firm
· Clerkship with a state appellate court, federal appellate court, or federal district court is a plus
· Experience with energy law issues; real estate experience a plus
· A desire to provide innovative client service and to develop a meaningful career
· Excellent written and oral communication, acute judgment, responsiveness, prioritization, and practical application of legal concepts are required to succeed.
· Membership in the Minnesota bar is strongly preferred
With almost 400 attorneys, Stoel Rives is a national leader in corporate, energy, environmental, intellectual property, labor & employment, land use & construction, litigation, natural resources, real estate, renewable energy and technology law, achieving 34 prestigious national tier rankings in the 2017 U.S. News – Best Lawyers® ''Best Law Firms'' survey. Stoel Rives counts among the largest energy law practices based in the U.S. and is nationally recognized by Chambers USA and U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms” as a top energy practice. The firm has been at the forefront of incredible growth of energy services over the last 15 years. If you are interested in working with a group of collaborative, hard-working, fun, and dedicated lawyers and staff, this is the place for you.